Night Vibe
A little film experiment. Trying to capture what I love so much about driving a taxi at night. Tell me what you think
I must create a system or be enslaved by another man's. I will not reason and compare. My business is to create.
6 Comments:
Sweet music. Indian? Where'd you find it?
at first i thought the video was boring...then when it sped up super fast it got all cool and trippy, like playing a racing game...except that i didn't ever go off the road cuz i wasn't driving =P
you synched the music and the speeding up/slowing down of the video really well- i started to lose myself in it while i was watching it.
Then there was that part on the freeway where you look like you're about to rear-end that little black car, that woke me up!
I hate your stupid video. I wish you would die.
-M
P.S. I agree with Anna that you synched up the visual with the audio very well. Did you have parts of the video you wanted to speed up, and try to match that to what music you'd pick, or the other way around?
Curious.
I shot the whole thing in real-time and sped it up digitally, so I could've cut the speeds any way i wanted...I tried quite a few different songs before i caved and settled on this one. I'm actually probably going to recut it. This was supposed to be just a test, but i got so addicted to watching it (because i'm obsessed with that song) that I don't think i'll like any of the other edits any better.
P.S. I hate your stupid face and I wish it would slide off.
-J
Personally Jake, I liked it. The speeding up and slowing down of the video, along with your music choice, seemed very well coordinated. I also liked that it seemed like the darker side of the stereotypical Vegas-style nightlife of parties, drinking, and random sex. This seemed more restless, in a way that seemed to blow wide open the illusion of that other kind of night vibe. I like it.
Let's us not be too quick in condemning the drinking and random sex, now. Y'all can't be presumed to judge the drinking and random sex.
-M
I enjoyed it very much, both the at home version and the youtube version. (and the sequel which youtube was kind enough to link to). As much as despise driving in LA it made me quite nostalgic of late nights on scaffoldings, painting on the side of the freeway as thousands of cars go by.
-Thanks
Post a Comment
<< Home