Wild Thing
I've posted two pages of my final for my Animal Wildlife Drawing class. The first page is comprised of a few quicker drawings I did while at the LA Zoo. Each sketch took from 30 sec-3 min. The solid black ones were only about 1-2 inches high. The second page was from a clip of An Arctic Tale. I spent about 3 hours on the entire thing. It depicts a Polar bear trying to catch a sea lion by crushing the ice below him. If you click the image you can see where I put the bones before drawing the form. It took me about four heads before I was able to make the face consistent and correctly structured.
It's not artsy in the deep meaningful way, but I'm very proud that I did well in that class (it being my only one other than beginning drawing class I took three years ago) I was the only person in the class who wasn't animation or illustration major.


Grrrrrrrrrr.

3 Comments:
I believe that to be a gerenuk in the upper left corner.
Also: Impressive. You did a great job expressing the force of the polar bear's crushing weight. You can feel the inertia.
In addition to all that, I like the animals in general. I think they're pretty.
-M
really impressive, Rae! all the more so since you added that each sketch took between 30 sec-3min! wow, that's really amazing. And, with the Polar Bear sequence - i know how difficult it is to do a series of sketches of the same subject - its hard to recreate the same image and keep the uniformity and continuity - especially with movement. So, bravo! well done, looks like your class is paying off=)
This comment has been removed by the author.
Post a Comment
<< Home