Monday, August 20, 2007

What is that Terrible Sound?

Prometheus Lives! Rip Van Winkle returns! Washington has crossed the Deleware! And so forth.

Now that I have some music files in mp3 format, I feel I should share these long overdue additions to the guild. I also decided not to post them here, figuring that it would be annoying having to load the files any more times than someone would want to. So, I made a little Google Page for myself (A Gpage?), and I'll post links to the files. You may then download and enjoy, or at least politely listen.

At any rate, for a first post, I put up a recording of myself and a friend Chris playing gyile, a West African xylophonish thing. The recording is of us playing Bawa, a celebratory dance for the harvest season. I may or may not have more recordings of us playing gyile sometime soon, so if I get any more, I'll post those up as well. Otherwise, I'll just post something else.

And now, The Site.

And so went.
Raizenbrayne du Cenchon, of the Order of the Opposable Thumb
(Henceforth never to be known as Sean)

8 Comments:

Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

What? That wasn't a terrible sound at all! You fail. Perhaps sometime soon you can post a video of you playing. I'd have to say that would be pretty awesome.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt this is an appropriate use of this space, but Rae: I followed the link to your site and to the one for all your buddies AND to the quiz from there. And I took the quiz.

Evidently... I'm Andrew.

Which is funny... because I am Andrew!

-Max

3:55 AM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

It's good to know the quiz lives on.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

Needs more cowbell.

*ahem*

Okay, Bawa makes me want to rock out and play Contra. I dig muchly.

Also, purely from a listener's standpoint, I think I prefer the first recording (WPE concert). It seems a little bit clearer.

Am I allowed to listen to the other stuff on your site before you post it here? 'Cause I'm gonna. :D

11:52 PM  
Blogger Dr. D. said...

Yeah, go ahead. I was going to put them up as I post about them, but I decided I might as well just dump a few things on there to begin with, and post new stuff as I record them.

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheen!
I had no idea what I was about to hear when i pressed play. I was amazed by the complexity of the piece. Coolio!
...i was a curious monkey and checked out your other stuff too =P

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home