I must create a system or be enslaved by another man's. I will not reason and compare. My business is to create.
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Elemental
Here is a series of sketches that i drew over the summer-they are the spirits of water, air, earth and fire. my idea was to have the feel and flow of each faery's body mimic its element - i'm hoping to experiment with color eventually.
Anna, those were very tastefully done, and yet at the same time captured the wild nature of the elements. If you're goal was to capture each elemental mimic it's element, you succeeded. Very well done.
I saw a series of photos at the Orange County Fair where someone used the "elements" as an excuse to take pictures of a naked woman covered in mud or getting water poured on her. I like that these drawings are what that exercise should have been. You've really attempted to capture something here, and I think the intent is the important thing. I'd be interested in seeing the colored versions.
Thanks for the input, guys. That actually was a slight apprehension i had - that they might look too sultry and seductive, which was not my intent- i am glad they conveyed what i was hoping they would!
See, I told you you had nothing to worry about. They are beautiful ideas and very well rendered. I still think Earth stands out more powerfully than the other three, and maybe that is intentional. It might just be the fact that it is shaded much more darkly so the dimensions are more vivid, but also the image itself is very powerful and dynamic. These are some of my favorites of your work. I can't wait to see more.
4 Comments:
Anna, those were very tastefully done, and yet at the same time captured the wild nature of the elements. If you're goal was to capture each elemental mimic it's element, you succeeded. Very well done.
I saw a series of photos at the Orange County Fair where someone used the "elements" as an excuse to take pictures of a naked woman covered in mud or getting water poured on her. I like that these drawings are what that exercise should have been. You've really attempted to capture something here, and I think the intent is the important thing. I'd be interested in seeing the colored versions.
Thanks for the input, guys. That actually was a slight apprehension i had - that they might look too sultry and seductive, which was not my intent- i am glad they conveyed what i was hoping they would!
See, I told you you had nothing to worry about. They are beautiful ideas and very well rendered. I still think Earth stands out more powerfully than the other three, and maybe that is intentional. It might just be the fact that it is shaded much more darkly so the dimensions are more vivid, but also the image itself is very powerful and dynamic. These are some of my favorites of your work. I can't wait to see more.
Post a Comment
<< Home