SisteneCybll

She is my first gift. I am not a writer. I wish I had the gift, although I appreciate and admire the gift in all of you more because it does not belong to me. I am glad i can add a little visual dimension. So, this is what I do- sketch. Mainly pencil - I dabble a bit with charcoal, watercolor and acrylic paint. I thought this sketch, from Michaelangelo's Sistene chapel would be a fitting first contribution. The Cybll is a kind of prophet or medium through whom some information or truth is related. And I believe that to be an artist, to be "possessed by the muse" as it is said, is to be a kind of cybll, each in our own way, sharing some form of received inspiration.
2001

4 Comments:
That is a very, very well done sketch Anna, especially with the shading. My first impression was that I was looking at a flowing marble statue. The sketch has a definite feeling of coming out of the page, and being something I should be able to walk around and touch and feel the curves of dtone that has been lovingly chiseled away. As you can appreciate the writer's spirit in us for not being a writer, I can admire the gift you have in the visual arts. Well done!
That's very impressive. I'm glad we have something other than writing up here, too, so your contribution is doubly appreciated. I also wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts on the role of the "artist," and myself think that he must speak from somewhere, not just ramble. Truth is the essence of art, in whatever form it takes.
This is lovely. I'm particularly impressed by the work you've put into her garment; the fabric drapes beautifully, and looks real, almost alive... more like the thing itself than merely a drawing of the thing. You definitely have a gift! Thank you for being here to share it with us. :)
I'm so glad you've chosen to add your artwork. It seems my friends have all already repeated the things I said the first time I saw this piece, but I cannot say enough how beautiful the shapes and shading are on her garments. I only wish the scan were larger so we could see all the detail. I'm not sure if this is possible but if it is, I hope your future submissions can be viewed in more detail.
Post a Comment
<< Home